New opportunity for experienced Software Development Manager!
Our client is growing and they are currently looking for a Software Development Manager to join their team in Cranberry Township, PA.
As Software Development Manager, you can help make a difference in healthcare using Big Data, Machine learning and Analytics. You will be responsible for management of an engineering team that will build, experiment, operate and maintain software in order to meet business and customer needs with the company’s cloud data platform using big data technologies like Apache Kafka and Spark.
- Provide technical, process and product leadership in software engineering for the cloud data platform.
- Work closely with product owners to ensure your team meets or exceeds product expectations in a timely manner.
- Work diligently with the quality team to ensure your team meets or exceeds quality expectations.
- Develop cross functional project plans to meet release milestones, ensuring releases are effectively communicated across the organization.
- Develop, enhance and maintain agile software development methodologies to ensure maximum team productivity.
- Drive software best practices, including design, code review and unit test development to ensure maximum software quality.
- Provide employee development, team building and mentoring.
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and directing the efforts of the software engineering team.
- Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance and integrity.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in software development, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and technical expertise.
- 2+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)-
- 2+ years of experience serving as a technical lead of a software development team.
- Extensive experience developing mission critical applications to commercial/enterprise markets.
- Extensive experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications, Deep understanding of big data processing
- Experience using Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Clear understanding of Agile development practices and Software Quality Assurance process.
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
The company offers competitive compensation packages (salary + bonus) along with relocation from anywhere in the U.S.
Sorry, the client company is not considering visa candidates at this time.