Do you have experience working for one of the Big 4? Have you worked on enterprise scale applications with huge data sets? If so, this could be the job for you!
Our client, a leader in the financial services industry, is looking for an experienced associate to work on J2EE web application development to support multiple functions in a growing business unit. As Senior Software Architect, you will be working in a team of software developers and financial engineers, doing architectural design and implementation for enterprise scale web applications aligned with the corporate standard.
All work is done onsite at their facility in Herndon, VA.
- Planning and designing methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high-level principals.
- Applying varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high-level principles.
- Assessing functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future.
- Working across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution.
- May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Statistics or related area of study is required
- Strong programming ability in Java and at least one of C/C++, Java, R, or Python
- Good command of UNIX shell scripting and Oracle/Netezza Databases
- Experience working on business intelligence platform or reporting tool for data visualizations and reports
- Big-4 experience is highly desirable, though not required
- Good understanding of various Cloud Technologies and industry trends involving Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud will be essential
- Experience with developing solution architecture across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, and application
- Experience with data integration, data streaming, event-driven architecture, compute, vending and MDM patterns
- Hands-on experience defining and driving an enterprise data architecture strategy, methodology and standards that creates an enterprise data model, associated meta model, common business vocabulary and taxonomies
- Hands on experience with emerging technologies such as cloud computing, Data Lake and big data, S3, EMR, and RedShift.
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Database technologies (SQL Server, AWS RDS, NoSQL, Oracle,) Cloud, data warehouse, Big Data and BI solutions (Netezza, Redshift, Tableau, Alteryx, Hadoop) SOA, ESB and ETL technologies
- Ability to communicate technical design solutions to a variety of audiences
Apply today for immediate consideration. Sorry, our client is not sponsoring visa candidates at this time.